Make Time to Make Memories



Friday, January 21, 2011

My very own blog

   First things first. There are a couple of questions I need to answer. Why did I choose the link hopeinthenew.blogspot.com? There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman called Beauty Will Rise, there are lyrics which say

"It's the music and the laughter of a wedding and a feast.
I can almost feel the hand of God reaching for my face to wipe
 the tears away, and say, "It's time to make everything new."
"Make it all new" This is our hope. This is the promise."

   There is a day fast approaching when God will make everything new. The pain, sorrow, struggles, hurts, scars, sickness, and all things that we have faced in this life on earth. There will be a new heaven, a new earth, (Revelations 21:1) and we will have new glorified bodies (Romans 8:23). However, this is not just about the "new" when Christ returns. We can also experience a newness while we are here. The first thing is a new life once we are saved. Our old ways pass away and all thing become new (2 Corinthians 5:17). We are also promised that every morning is a new day. When we ask God to forgive us where we fail Him, He wipes the slate clean.... a new start. I am so undeserving, but He loves me that much and so much more. That is why we all should have hopeinthenew. Praise God that he gives us that hope. One day He WILL make ALL things new.

   Which leads me to answer the second question, the title of the blog. Until that day.... If you think I am talking about the return of Christ, you are RIGHT. However, more than that I wanted to focus on the until. As in what do we do until that day comes. I know what the bible tells us. We are suppose to live righteously, serve others, take up our cross daily, and be Christ like. What happens when we fail, when things don't always go as we want. After all we are human, we struggle, and we fail (miserably at times). I have always been in church, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I started getting serious about God. Through this blog I will share many stories (many of which will not be easy for me to write). Its easy to get caught up in what other people think of us, but guess what? The only thing that matters is what God thinks of me, and He know EVERYTHING about me. If just one thing that is said on here can be used by God to change someones life, then it will be so worth me feeling a little uncomfortable, ashamed, or embarrassed. So, Until that day, I want to try to live a life that is pleasing to and glorifies Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment